Do I Need a Tooth Extraction?
There are times that getting a tooth pulled is the best option to eliminate discomfort or improve your health or appearance, and we make them easy and comfortable at our Toms River dentist office near Stafford NJ.
Some of the oral issues that need teeth extractions include:
- Tooth decay or infection to the point that the tooth cannot be salvaged
- Gum disease that is weakening the tissues around the tooth
- High risk for tooth infection
- Supernumerary teeth that prevent new teeth from growing in
- Fractured or weak teeth
- A tooth getting in the way of new dental work (like dentures)
- Unattractive teeth that distract from appearance
- Mouth is overcrowded and room must be made to straighten or repair teeth
How Does a Tooth Extraction Work?
If your dentist recommends a tooth extraction, you should begin the process as soon as possible to prevent further damage to your teeth. Your Toms River dentist will provide you with a local anesthetic so that you feel comfortable while you get your tooth pulled. Dr. Rotem also provides sedation dentistry to provide you maximum comfort during teeth extractions and other procedures. Your dentist will use forceps to gently rock the tooth back and forth until it loosens and frees itself from the jawbone. Sometimes your dentist will give you a few stitches after you get your tooth pulled.
Benefits of Teeth Extractions
Teeth extractions are advantageous to those who choose them in terms of health, appearance, and comfort. Some of the benefits associated with getting a tooth pulled can include include:
- Preventing further cracking or weakening of a tooth
- Preventing worsening disease or infection
- Increased comfort once the source of infection or damage has been removed
- Affordable procedure that can be less expensive than other treatment options
- A more beautiful and less crowded smile
If you have a tooth that is causing you discomfort or pain, or if your teeth are growing in crooked or improperly, we have the solution at Rotem Dental Care. Give us a call today so that we can improve your life if you are in the Toms River area, including Stafford NJ and Manchester NJ!